The 7th Annual North-West International Research and Practice Conference “Practical treatment and care of cystic fibrosis” took place from 27-28 May 2016. This year’s conference was attended by about 200 people from more than 50 different areas of Russia. Foreign guests included Christine de Boeck, President of the European Cystic Fibrosis Society (Belgium), Prof. Baroukh Maurice Assael from the Cystic Fibrosis Centre in Verona (Italy), Giovanni Taccetti from the Cystic Fibrosis Centre in Florence (Italy), and Eduard van de Graaf from the Centre for Adult CF and Children in Utrecht (Netherlands).
During the two-day conference, participants had opportunities to hear presentations by foreign and Russian leading specialists in the treatment of cystic fibrosis and related diseases and during the afternoon they could take part in interactive sections on six topics of current interest:
- Specifics of diagnostics and treatment of children with cystic fibrosis
- Therapy of adult patients with cystic fibrosis
- GI problems of patients with CF
- Neonatal screening: establishing diagnosis
- Complications in cystic fibrosis
- Infections in patients with cystic fibrosis.
The interactive sections reviewed actual cases from the practices of the section moderators, and participants were invited to respond to questions about alternative treatments in each specific situation.